Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

cymbal packs

as a collector of drums i only have a small suite of cymbals, mostly vintage, i have scored some cymbals with kit purchase's here and there, but the reality is i need to buy some key cymbals. it has been suggested to me that cymbal packs are an economical way to purchase cymbals, any ideas, i like thin crash cymbals and am not a cymbal snob so open to ideas.

Posted on 10 years ago

Buy used off Ebay. Many have sound files. Most Ebay sellers are very honest. Read the descriptions and look at the pictures thouroughly. Lots of bargains to be had.

Posted on 10 years ago

1st you need to determine your needs.what type music do you play, what volume level do you play?, Do you play live or in the studio more ?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

Cymbal "packs" including hats, a ride, and 2 crashes...

New: $650 and up

Used: $400 or less

I don't think buying new cymbal packs is economical for several reasons. First, the MSRP is 2 to 4 times higher than used cymbals. Second, you don't get to try them out before you buy. Third, new cymbals need to "break in" a little bit before all of those shrill highs are gone--why not let somebody else do that for you?

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 10 years ago

From alot2008

i like thin crash cymbals and am not a cymbal snob so open to ideas.

So there's at least one good reason not to buy a cymbal pack. Those things are made for kids and/or metal head thrasher-bashers who consider cymbals to be appendages that are needed to make a drum set look complete. No thin crashes there.

Posted on 10 years ago

No easy way to acquire the cymbals you want; enjoy the journey; it may go on forever....marko

Posted on 10 years ago

Unless there's a really good sound file I just won't buy a cymbal unless I can hear it in person. A cymbal pack is something I would never do.

Steve

1967 Slingerland 12,13,16,20 White Satin Flame
1968 Slingerland 12,14,16,20 Light Blue Pearl
Posted on 10 years ago

When I purchased a complete cymbals inventory from a closed music store buy out. I go 4 of these cymbal packs, they all sounded very good, in fact they are hand selected and sound matched from the factory. For a general purpose use you could certainly buy worst choices, I was pleasantly surprised.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

If you like thin pies you might enjoy the "K" Zildjian cymbal pack. Comes with 16 and 18" Dark thin crashes. For Meinl cymbal packs I would select something from mycymbal.com. Or like others have suggested by close out deals. I also prefer thinner cymbals for the most part. They open up really easily. For my main rock band though I do sport a 20" Medium crash.

Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here