Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Cymbal Nicks

OK,Im always replying to post so its about time I start one.Seriously,I just got an old Zildjian 22" ride with the 'hollow' block ZILDJIAN stamp.Anyway it does have a few nicks on the edge.How would be the best way to remove them? THANKS

Posted on 13 years ago

From redneckdrum

OK,Im always replying to post so its about time I start one.Seriously,I just got an old Zildjian 22" ride with the 'hollow' block ZILDJIAN stamp.Anyway it does have a few nicks on the edge.How would be the best way to remove them? THANKS

By nick, fo you mean a scratch or a crack, or a small loss of metal at the edge, probably from being banged? Regardless, unless its an actual crack there's no need to do any thing. It sounds like you may want to clean them up for cosmetic reasons. There is no filler that you can use and sanding or buffing to remove the nicks would be highly inadvisable. You could permanently alter the sound and the end result might be more visible than the nicks.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here