Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

cymbal inventory: need advice

I have a buncha cymbals I'm not using. I'd like to trade some or all of them for a 'brighter', more defined ride. I looked at Custom As and Ks this afternoon. So my questions center largely on worth (the dreaded and highly debatable worth) and subsequent to that, how I might reasonaly expect to do vis a vis trade at one of your standard chain music stores. My spidy sense tells me this is maybe not be advisable but...more grist for the discussion mill. So, I have:

- 22" Zil A medium ride with 6 factory rivets. weighs in an hefty 3175.146g. great shape, no keyholing, dents, cracks.

- 16" Zil A medium thin crash. 907.184g. garden variety crash that's never been fired in anger. great shape. no issues.

- Vintage 18" Zil ride (medium?, light?) with 6 factory rivets. 1133.980g. VERY minor keyholing. I'd actually refer to it more accurately as 'rub'. no cracks. very nice.

- Vintage 16" Zil crash. 453.592g. 3 small individual splits from center, the worst of which extends approx. 5mm. no addtl issues...

- 14" Sabian HH bottom that weighs in at 907.184g. This thing's kinda of a beast. more copper in color. heavy. odd turning. kinda mystified by this one. too heavy to have any issues.

- Vintage 14" HH (top?). VERY light at only 226.796g. no issues.

I have a number of pics if a) anyone's interested and/or b) someone has so little to do that they'd be interested enough in reviewing for assessment.

as ever, I bow before the panel of experts (myself decidedly NOT included)that is this forum's membership.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 13 years ago

Entirely dependent on the vintage of the cymbals; to be determined by seeing photos including close ups of the all important stamps.

Posted on 13 years ago

all of which I have. Lots. Nice, big clear ones. Could post but don't want to trun afoul of the pic posting standards..if there are any.

Posted on 13 years ago

From pete_walby

all of which I have. Lots. Nice, big clear ones. Could post but don't want to trun afoul of the pic posting standards..if there are any.

If they don't fit here there are lots of free hosting services these days. You can put them there and then put a link here. We like pics. Glorious large juicy pics of the cymbals overall plus close ups of stamps ;) Ask if you need more help, although I'm not a user of the free hosting services because I've got my own domain and website.

Posted on 13 years ago

stand by...

Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Those thin ones sound quite nice...particularly the 16's. BUT...c'mon, mate....a 14" weighing 226g ? Eye Ball I am not sure that is even possible......I mean, can you fold the cymbal and put it in your kerchief pocket.....? ....then unfold it when you arrive at the gig ?? :p[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

http://www.flickr.com/photos/postwalbyfamily/

Jaye, I was kinda scratchin my head on that weight too. Admittedly, that seems light for the 14" HH top even to a philistine like me and it's true I weighed in lbs and converted to gr so my math could be imperfect. But it's reeaallllly light. and that Sabian is a ton by comparison.

anyway, check out the photogs if interested. Any impressions and/or advice vis what i'm lookin' to trade at my local music store would be welcome.

I'm really looking for a nice, bright, dry ride. not too much ring sustain. Again probably similar to the K or Custom A range. Thanks to all.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here