Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Cymbal and Stand ID

I just acquired some Zildjians and a couple of stands a pair of 14" A hats, a 20" minibell A ride and an 18" K. The cymbal in question is the 18" K it is drilled for rivets (4 holes) and is on the light side. I'm assuming it's a ride since it is drilled. Would like to know 1) what year, 2) what it's worth, 3) did Zildjian drill cymbals at the factory?

Also would like to know if anyone can identify the cymbal stand it's probably MIJ but I thought I would ask the experts?

Oh by the way got it all for $100

2 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

From johnl

I just acquired some Zildjians and a couple of stands a pair of 14" A hats, a 20" minibell A ride and an 18" K. The cymbal in question is the 18" K it is drilled for rivets (4 holes) and is on the light side. I'm assuming it's a ride since it is drilled. Would like to know 1) what year, 2) what it's worth, 3) did Zildjian drill cymbals at the factory?Also would like to know if anyone can identify the cymbal stand it's probably MIJ but I thought I would ask the experts?Oh by the way got it all for $100

Hi John,I will say what i know on the zildjian cymbal in question.Zildjian did drill their cymbal's at the factory but also drum shops'people would drill them to so its hard to say if your cymbal was done at Zild or at a shopor someone.Now iam guess on the year and what the cymbal is worth year i would say 40's-50's? worth from 200.00-400.00...Now for what i know your cymbal stand is made by "STAR" in the mid 60's its a copy of a Sonor stand "Star" also made hi-hat and snare stands copys too..If it is a Sonor look at the legs near to tube it will say "made in Germany'....Mikey....P/S John glad you liked the Fibes badge you got from me...

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks for the info I'll check out the stands closer when I have a minute and thanks again for the badge one more to go and the kit will be complete.

Posted on 12 years ago

From johnl

I just acquired some Zildjians and a couple of stands a pair of 14" A hats, a 20" minibell A ride and an 18" K. The cymbal in question is the 18" K it is drilled for rivets (4 holes) and is on the light side. I'm assuming it's a ride since it is drilled. Would like to know 1) what year, 2) what it's worth, 3) did Zildjian drill cymbals at the factory?Also would like to know if anyone can identify the cymbal stand it's probably MIJ but I thought I would ask the experts?Oh by the way got it all for $100

I'm afraid Mike777 is off on the age. Its an Intermediate stamp that's probably from the early '60s. You can tell by the smaller star and its location outside the crescent with the point facing downward, and the tight wrap of the text around the crescent. No way it's '40s. While cymbal values may be down in this economy, and 18" old K's are not as prized as 20"s, and especially 22"s", I still believe this cymbal is worth way more than $200 - $400. Perhaps Drumaholic will chime in on this. He is the final word on age and value.

By the way, $100 for all that is a steal. Great job! Clearly the person selling all that gear had no clue what they had. Hope everything sounds good.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 12 years ago

From BosLover

I'm afraid Mike777 is off on the age. Its an Intermediate stamp that's probably from the early '60s. You can tell by the smaller star and its location outside the crescent with the point facing downward, and the tight wrap of the text around the crescent. No way it's '40s. While cymbal values may be down in this economy, and 18" old K's are not as prized as 20"s, and especially 22"s", I still believe this cymbal is worth way more than $200 - $400. Perhaps Drumaholic will chime in on this. He is the final word on age and value.By the way, $100 for all that is a steal. Great job! Clearly the person selling all that gear had no clue what they had. Hope everything sounds good.

Thanks for pointing this out.Like a said i was just guess on the cymbal.I don't know old Zild's that well...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

From MIKEY777

Thanks for pointing this out.Like a said i was just guess on the cymbal.I don't know old Zild's that well...Mikey

After I wrote my response I started looking on eBay for the first time in a while. Cymbal prices seem to have tanked considerably from what I saw. As I said 18"'s are generally less desirable than bigger old K's to collectors, but I still think the high end of your range is less than then this cymbal would bring at auction.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here