Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

custom 26" cymbals

I am placing an order from Diril, early next week. This will be for the traditional series, completely hand made. The weights will all be custom weights and included are a couple of orders for 26" ride cymbals.

If anyone is interested in ordering a custom weight 26" ride., let me know, by private message.I am gone this weekend but will get back to you on , Monday with pricing info. and an expected delivery date.

I am very big on Diril cymbals and consider them to be one of the best choices for people looking to get a K. sound and at a fraction of the cost.

When I began working with them, I ordered hi-hat pairs and some smaller rides of exactly the same weights as some K's that I had. They came in very close to the target weights and their quality was very respectable, compared to the K models .

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi

I may be interested in placing an order for a bigger ride...

e.g 28"/30"......

Would need to know rough price guidline though :)

As you said "consider them to be one of the best choices for people looking to get a K. sound and at a fraction of the cost" I'm most ceratainly looking for a K sound, Just bigger :)

Thanks

Posted on 12 years ago

Well. I will ask about 28s or 30s. having discussed the 26s , my feeling is ----perhaps that might be stretching it. I 'm not sure whether the mill is big enough to roll them, or whether they have a ladle or mold big enough to hold the bronze for those. Once they have to farm out part of the production to someone who can fill in the necessary gaps, the price starts to escalate. The 26s are being done in house, so the price is pretty good. A 30" cymbal takes over 50% more bronze , than a 24, so pouring the blank is no easy matter. They may have to wait until Turkey's Olympic weight lifters get back from London before they can start that one.

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi there, Any luck in finding out about bigger rides ??? or is the order done now ???? out of interested how much were/are you getting a 26" diril for ??? I may be interested stilll......

Posted on 12 years ago

I p.m'd you.

Posted on 12 years ago

I found some Diril Jazz Hats on eBay a while back for $185 and I love them. They are 809 and 710 grams. They are super trashy and fat sounding. Never had a chance to play a ride but I've been keeping an eye out. Murat Diril, the guy's brother, has some really nice stuff too. I might be interested in a 24" if it's not too ungodly of a price.

Posted on 12 years ago

I've got 2600 gm. 24 on hand and a 2700 and 2 -2800's on route. One is traditional ,the other a bit of a polished finish. p.m. me if you are interested. prices are about 2/3 of what a similarily made Turkish cymbal would cost from any of the majors.-----through me anyway.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here