Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Crash with Robert Zildjian signature

Hi I have become owner of AAX stage crash 16" with Robert Zildjian signature,

can anyone tell me how much is this cymbal worth

PleaseHelp2

Posted on 9 years ago

I'm not a Sabian guy, but i would assume that because Mr.Zildjian is no longer with us, and is the founder of the Sabian Co. and a member of the famous Zildjian family who helped shape the modern cymbal as we all know it, it would make your cymbal pretty special..However, don't expect it to fetch big bucks, but it is certainly worth more than what the cymbal is actually worth.. Because of the fact that he's passed away and is a significant figure in the cymbal business and first CEO of Sabian, your cymbal would probably be in the $500-$800 range, and will only increase in value.. I would keep it.. If your cymbal was an earlier Sabian, like one of the same decade that he founded the company, then we're talking some decent scratch..Keep in mind that mine is only a guesstimate, and in no way a pro appraisal.. You may want to wait for the opinion of a Sabian or Zildjian expert.. Hope this helps..

Posted on 9 years ago

From human71

I'm not a Sabian guy, but i would assume that because Mr.Zildjian is no longer with us, and is the founder of the Sabian Co. and a member of the famous Zildjian family who helped shape the modern cymbal as we all know it, it would make your cymbal pretty special..However, don't expect it to fetch big bucks, but it is certainly worth more than what the cymbal is actually worth.. Because of the fact that he's passed away and is a significant figure in the cymbal business and first CEO of Sabian, your cymbal would probably be in the $500-$800 range, and will only increase in value.. I would keep it.. If your cymbal was an earlier Sabian, like one of the same decade that he founded the company, then we're talking some decent scratch..Keep in mind that mine is only a guesstimate, and in no way a pro appraisal.. You may want to wait for the opinion of a Sabian or Zildjian expert.. Hope this helps..

You're assuming of course that the signature is not a silk screen and/or was not signed by someone else.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 9 years ago

I stated that i'm no expert on appraisal, and my own is simply a guesstimate.. Just trying to help a forum member.. I think that anyone forging the signature of a former and now deceased CEO of a cymbal manufacturer, would not only have to be an idiot, he would have to be desperate..And to go through all the trouble of making a "silk screen print" ? Not only is that far fetched, but silly..

Posted on 9 years ago

From human71

I stated that i'm no expert on appraisal, and my own is simply a guesstimate.. Just trying to help a forum member.. I think that anyone forging the signature of a former and now deceased CEO of a cymbal manufacturer, would not only have to be an idiot, he would have to be desperate..And to go through all the trouble of making a "silk screen print" ? Not only is that far fetched, but silly..

I think you misunderstood my point. Various cymbal makers have silk screened signatures on certain models of their cymbals. Bosphorus did it with Jeff Hamilton's signature on the Hammer series. When I said silk screening I was just suggesting that this cymbal could have been part of a run with Robert Zildjian's signature emblazoned on it. The whole purpose of my comment was to indicate that provenance must be established before a true value can be determined. I suspect that proving that Robert Zildjian actually signed that cymbals will be very difficult.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 9 years ago

Boslover-- Sorry about the misunderstanding.. I know that silk screen printed signature models exist, however, to my eye it looks like it may be an actual signature.. Usually silk screen printed signatures would be a lot smaller ? When you see some Armand Zildjian Cymbals with his signature, it is quite small.. But you may be right, it could very well be a silkscreen print, but i have my doubts.. Also, the signature looks like it was made with a fat tip marker..

As you said, it will be difficult for the owner to verify if the sig is authentic.. I would contact Sabian to find out for sure..

Posted on 9 years ago

Hi thanks for yours answers and for more info

I have bought this cymbal with drum kit , cymbal set etc from drummer wich are no longer can't play and he told me about his trip to Sabian factory and he said Robert Zildjian sign this cymbal for him

This is closer look

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

To my eyes, that is a real signature from Robert Zildjian.

That's my opinion..To be 100% sure you should try to contact Sabian..

It looks like a real signature done with a thick tip felt marker, which would be easily available at the Sabian factory, or from the office of Bob Zildjian himself..Also , if it were a silk screen print, the signature wouldn't have any slight flaws made by using a felt tip marker, and there is obviously some proof of "aesthetically rushed" small marks, reminiscent of a quick signature done by a busy man,

(a.k.a Bob Zildjian).. Good luck with your appraisal..

Posted on 9 years ago

I had a feeling it was authentic.. Enjoy your cymbal and the historic significance of it.. cheers !

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here