Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

craigslist finds today! yeah!!!

hey all. just got home from an excursion to the shoreline for some cymbals that were advertised vaguely on craigslist. the posting said 18" zildjian ride (dark) 12" zildjian crash ad said 50 for one and 30 for the other. at that price i wanted to ask the guy over the phone if he knew anything about them other than they were zildjian. he claimed to not know anything. which seemed a little funny to me considering he said the 18" was dark sounding? who dosent know anything about cymbals but can still point out that it is a dark sounding cymbal? anyway long story short. i saw them and bought em immediately. the 18" is a beautiful avedis crash somewhere between a medium and a thin crash warm and washy and yes very dark. what he had advertised as a 12" is really a 16" avedis medium crash. another great sounding cymbal. soooooo he was also selling a snare he had listed as dw 14" snare well it is a dw american made 10 lug looks like 9 or 10 ply with 3 ply reinforcement ring. anyway this stuff was ridiculously cheap. and im so happy to find it. im kinda poor so i only have one crash and these just set me up like a king. wooo hoo! i think im gonna retire my 64 jazzfest and start using the dw too! so if you are still reading thank you. i just had one question about the 18" the stamp is 1 3/16 size with the thin avedis zildjian stamp. my research tells me its 70's vintage. but i know these can be tricky and would like opinions on this cymbal. i cant take great macro pics w my camera so sorry for the quality. thanks for looking!

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'd agree it's a 70's, based on stamp and also the general shape of the cymbal (older ones had different profiles). They are ubiquitous, but they are classic, too...you can't go wrong with one of those...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

i am in love with the way this 18" cymbal sounds. real god of rock and roll digs.

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here