Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

craiglist k's with story

Just saw this on craigslist.

Thought someone might enjoy.

Never saw 12" Hats before.

http://providence.craigslist.org/msg/5542913486.html

What do you think these are worth?

I know some K's can be somewhat on the high side.

Wayne

Posted on 8 years ago

I have 13"K hi hats and I paid $320 band new a couple years ago, which I thought was a decent price. The 12"? I don't know. $175 depending on condition?

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

Wow, if you told me those were factory matched I have no reason to not believe.

Those will make great rock hats for me,.. too steep for my range.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago

Wish bill would drop in and tell us who`s name that is or if they are the same name. Imagine the same guy made them.

Posted on 8 years ago

From larryz

I have 13"K hi hats and I paid $320 band new a couple years ago, which I thought was a decent price. The 12"? I don't know. $175 depending on condition?

If these are (made in Turkey, New Stamp (1967-77)) Istanbul K's then comparing prices with new K's is like comparing caviar & oranges, not to mention their provenance.

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

From DRUMR69

Just saw this on craigslist.Thought someone might enjoy.Never saw 12" Hats before.http://providence.craigslist.org/msg/5542913486.htmlWhat do you think these are worth?I know some K's can be somewhat on the high side.Wayne

Wow, that incredible. I actually knew Rick Frank. He was my next door neighbor when I lived in Greenwich Village (the West Village to some) from 1973 to 1982. We lived at 148 West 10th St. While we weren't close friends, I was in his apartment a number of times over the years. Regretfully I can provide no provenance on this particular set of hats. He was a hell of a nice guy and a very talented drummer.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 8 years ago

From funkypoodle

If these are (made in Turkey, New Stamp (1967-77)) Istanbul K's then comparing prices with new K's is like comparing caviar & oranges, not to mention their provenance.

As stated in the ad, these are actually intermediate stamps from around 1959 - 1966. The tiny star outside the crescent with the Made in Turkey hugging it are the most obvious signs, as well as the fonts and type sizes being used. As you point out, you can't compare them to a used set of current K hats, either in sound or value. If the provenance can be determined that will add to the value. Used hats in general don't sell for all that much. Even vintage old K prices go down considerably the smaller the cymbal, and these are 12", not a very popular size. I'm not an expert on prices, but I'm guessing $300-$350 or perhaps just a bit more for the pair, going up to perhaps $500 or more because of the provenance.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 8 years ago

From BosLover

As stated in the ad, these are actually intermediate stamps from around 1959 - 1966. The tiny star outside the crescent with the Made in Turkey hugging it are the most obvious signs, as well as the fonts and type sizes being used. As you point out, you can't compare them to a used set of current K hats, either in sound or value. If the provenance can be determined that will add to the value. Used hats in general don't sell for all that much. Even vintage old K prices go down considerably the smaller the cymbal, and these are 12", not a very popular size. I'm not an expert on prices, but I'm guessing $300-$350 or perhaps just a bit more for the pair, going up to perhaps $500 or more because of the provenance.

Thanks for the correction. I don't know my K's very well and didn't catch the timeline. Also, it's very cool that you met this fellow & that not only was he a great drummer, but a nice guy.

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

Matching 12`s aren`t gone after because those are probably the only ones.

Many 12`s were made by K Istanbul but they were single trap kit BD kick pedal cymbals.

But a pair of hats ???? Never saw a 12 pair or heard of one.

Posted on 8 years ago

From OddBall

Matching 12`s aren`t gone after because those are probably the only ones. Many 12`s were made by K Istanbul but they were single trap kit BD kick pedal cymbals. But a pair of hats ???? Never saw a 12 pair or heard of one.

? There are two pairs of old K 12's up on eBay right now. I myself sold a pair last year.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here