Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

constantinople cymbals - no stamps?

I'm looking at a set of vintage 13" hi hats and a 15" cymbal at a store and noticing there is NO Zildjian stamps or signatures under the bell but there is a deep stamp saying constantinople. These cymbals show all the signs of being very old by the uneven hand lathe patterns and off set small center hole. No cracks and they are heavy. Medium sized bell.

Can this be a Zildjian K constantinople? I have read that some other Turkish cymbal companies would stamp this on their cymbals?

Can anyone give me some insight on this part of history and possibly a safe buying price?

Sorry no pictures available.

Thanks,
Twig Drum
Posted on 11 years ago

There were some Italian made cymbals , that had the word Constantinople in a concave semi-circle under a crescent moon and star. They were often heavy and looked hand hammered. Maybe the moon and star is faintly struck?

Posted on 11 years ago

From calfskin

There were some Italian made cymbals , that had the word Constantinople in a concave semi-circle under a crescent moon and star. They were often heavy and looked hand hammered. Maybe the moon and star is faintly struck?

If it doesn't say K. Zildjian...then its not.

Posted on 11 years ago

Italian made cymbals, not Turkish made.

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks guys for the info..

Thanks,
Twig Drum
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here