Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Con Cie

I can get an 18" Constantinople CIE for 100 bucks.Its in great condition so i was curious what the CIE stands for,and is it worth 100 bucks?........USA made.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]A. Zildjian Constantinople Cie. USA's were only made for about 4-5 years in the early 70's. They are rock cymbals, tend to be heavy, tend to be brilliant finish.

"Cie", I believe, is the abbreviation for "Co." ...in French......

$100 is a fair market price....not a steal, nor a ripoff.

But, if you aren't a rock player, you may likely find it too heavy.....[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Gray"](I am assuming you are talking about A. Constantinoples, and not K. Zildjian Constantinoples...which are a completely different, older, rarer animal....)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

It says...Zildgian &cie

...constanople cymbals...under the moon type logo it says made in USA

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yup - we are talkin' same thang then [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Jaye is right on the money.

Compagnie is what the "Cie" stands for.

At the turn of the century, French was the international language. The World's Fair was usually in Paris, or another EU country.

When the factory moved to the US it changed to "Co." perhaps even sooner too, as most "Istanbuls" say "Co." not "Cie."

The 70's Constantinoples were hearkening back to the early days - at least in language, not really in sound.

Posted on 14 years ago

Very interesting...thx

So, you consider them to be only so/so in sound qlty?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

They tend to be very heavy and are generally referred to as manhole covers. I have had a couple rides that were indeed heavy. One was too heavy and pretty much all clang. The other was really quite a sweet musical pingy beast with a killer bell.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here