Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Clean the cymbals

This is my Opinion .

You also can make up your very own cleaner to polish out your cymbals to

here is what i use on my vintage zildjians

electric buffer and you Will use lots of cotton rags .mean a lots of them

Wenol soft brass cleaner

mother's metal brass polish

Big azz can of Never Dull

But yall have your own opinion to how to clean yall cymbals and i got mine ,I never had a problem with the way i clean them all of them came out looking like a New shining cymbal

Well that is my story and what is your's ....Peace

Posted on 13 years ago

Won't the heat from the buffer effect the sound?

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

Years ago, I knew a drummer who had all his A's and K's buffed. They were buffed to the point that the grooves became smooth and shiny.

I recall the sound of his cymbals being more like a cheap B8 type cymbal than the great cymbals they were once.

Posted on 13 years ago

I may be way out of my league here. I enjoy playing and restoring old Stars. I do like to keep everything clean though. For my cymbals, I use a paste consisting of white vinegar, lemmon juice and flour. Lightly rub the mixture on, let it dry and rinse. A soft sponge or clean rags will be needed to remove all of the paste from the grooves. Just trying to help.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Man there's all kind of ways you can mix up your cleaning paste ..Beside going into their drum shop and buy their cymbal cleaner which is to dam high for one and 2nd it doesn't last .

Who ever asked me dose my buffer carry's any Heat to it ...Hardly no heat at all .Got to make sure you get the black ****t off of your cymbals ..after buffing them .I use my hands or i use a buffer once more to make sure .

Hell i been doing this for Years , and no it don't effect the sound .Nope it don't ..Still have the same old sound when i first got them ....I just don't buff them all the time every once in awhile ....

Posted on 13 years ago

From salty 1322

I may be way out of my league here. I enjoy playing and restoring old Stars. I do like to keep everything clean though. For my cymbals, I use a paste consisting of white vinegar, lemmon juice and flour. Lightly rub the mixture on, let it dry and rinse. A soft sponge or clean rags will be needed to remove all of the paste from the grooves. Just trying to help. Brian

Are you sure you're not confusing cymbal cleaner & cake batterLaughing H

Seriously does it go as far as removing patina?

Posted on 13 years ago

I recently cleaned up some vintage A Zildjians and used a suggestion I read somewhere. Barkeepers Friend. $1.79 at WalMart. Some warm water and a plastic scrub brush. Then a good towel dry and towel buff. The cymbals look as beautiful as the day they were made. I could not believe how clean and new they look.

Posted on 13 years ago

Dam i forgot all about that brand

I make a paste out of it ...That is one thought people can use to clean their own cymbals with ..and i use a buffer with it also

Posted on 13 years ago

Hello, redneckdrum!

Man, you may be right! I may have been confused with one of my wife's recipes! As you can see, she's a lousy cook!

Seriously though, I wouldn't say that the paste removes patina, just grime on the surface.

Hmmm...wonder what it would be like on fries.

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

H

From salty 1322

Hello, redneckdrum! Man, you may be right! I may have been confused with one of my wife's recipes! As you can see, she's a lousy cook! Seriously though, I wouldn't say that the paste removes patina, just grime on the surface. Hmmm...wonder what it would be like on fries.

You better hope your wife dosent see this post.She just may start using your cymbals for baking dishesLaughing H

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here