Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Check these pies out

Not vintage but different for sure, has anyone heard this company?

http://www.hammerax.com/home.htm

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, there was a article written about them in drum magazine not to long ago, I heard some of these cymbals 6 months ago, not my cup of tea, i like a more traditional sounding cymbal, but they where cool looking cymbals.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Memphis drum shop has carried them for a while and feature them on www.mycymbal.com. Not a fan but love the innovation and creativity.

Posted on 14 years ago

Woah.

That's awesome. I like that new approach - giant crashes, so thin that they visibly bend and wave after being hit, these bell-buttons... oh man.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 14 years ago

I have been checking them out alot - all the vids and talking to as many people as I can who have played them. People defend them because the owner is supposedly a nice and creative fellow and the products are still made in the USA. I think it`s true, they are creative and have original sounds and a great concept. However the prices are just too high. I really was ready to buy a Liquicy 22" ride recently and I looked and looked and just could not find one for less than 389$ - it`s sound has been reviewed as a bit one dimensional- not complex in it`s trashiness. When the price drops or I can locate a used one a bit cheaper I will be buying one.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

It's sometimes that way with the more specialized small business guys.

I once tried to make tongue drums -really nice, tuned ones -made from lots of different combinations of exotic hardwoods. I was so meticulous in the making, tuning and finishing of them, that when I figured out what I would need to sell them for to make it all worthwhile, I couldn't sell them! People liked them. They sounded great. The design was original. The price was way too high.

Then the cigar fad broke out and I quickly tried to convert the operation to making high-end humidors. By the time I got my stuff together, the fad died out. So, I had a bunch of tongue drums and humidors in storage for awhile. And then I just started giving them away to friends and selling them for whatever I could get on EBay.

I think the creator of these sound effects cymbals is probably going to end up in the same boat as I did. When things are very specialized like these things, it's hard to get them at the same price point as things in the mass-manufactured market can provide. When it's a curiosity item, the price has to be really low in order to get people to buy them and get them out into the world and in front of people.

I applaud him for some cool ideas, though! Artists rule!Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I hear you, well said. They are nice though- especially the Liquicy. As I said, I will own one.... just want to pay around 250$ max

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here