Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

canada stamp 15" hihats

i recently bought a set of 15" hats off ebay with the avedis made in canada stamp probably the 70s im guessing just wondered wot sort of money they are actually worth and if i got a good deal or not to be honest it dosnt bother me as they sound pretty awesome .ive even heard lots of drummers are after the old 15s just how desirable are they.i'll post a pic later in the week also anyone any idea wot they might be ? as there is no writing left on them whether there new beats or wotever

Posted on 12 years ago

What you have is a set of Canadian made A. Zildjians that were made in what is now the Sabian plant in New Brunswick, Canada (back in the 70's before the Zildjian brothers parted ways). Back then, Zildjian made the Avedis series out of the two plants in order to save costs on shipping, taxes, etc. The Canadian A's (also affectionately referred to as Canadian Eh's, haha) were typically a bit heavier than their USA made counterparts, and are considered to be great cymbals. They are pretty sought after by those who like them, and their value is usually pretty much on par with the USA made ones. To my knowledge, these were never ink stamped with a model, but they are essentially new beats. I own a couple of sets myself in both 14" and 15" and I love them. They're also a bit of a conversation piece since you don't see them around all that often. Use them and enjoy!

Posted on 12 years ago

thanks for the information spartacus they do sound great and i doubt i would ever part with them now and yes they were a talking point with a drummer friend of mine who said they looked garbage until he heard them .

Posted on 12 years ago

What does that stamp look like?

Rock like a big dawg!
Posted on 12 years ago

Here's where they were made. I did a great motorcycle trip last summer and stopped by, this is the origional Zildjian factory, Meductic, New Brunswick.

The Sabian factory is across the road. Really nice ride along the St. John River.

I've got a few Made in Canada cymbals, like 'em

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here