Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Can You Tell What Brand

IS there any way to tell what brand a cymbal is without seeing the stamp. I found some old cymbals and they look to be 60's or 70's Zildjian. I'll put a picture up.

1 attachments

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Some folks can! Post the pics and see what they say. I can identify some of the newer cymbals by the hammering and lathing. Each company has their own "style" of doing this.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

You can do a process of elimination. You can tell who "didn't" make that cymbal. That could help narrow it down. It isn't the typical Italian or German or Swiss maker. The shape of the bell and bow and the deep even lathing point to Western cymbalsmiths, so that eliminates the Chinese and such. If I had to guess (and that's all it would be) I would say Sabian or Zildjian or one of the many Turkish manufacturers...or some VERY skilled small company that took their cues from said larger Z-family manufacturers. Am I close? Check out the hammering along the ridge of the bell...and that lathing is excellent...all the way to the hole. Nice work.

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like a Tosco to me.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Serious? I thought the hammering and the lathing was a bit to sweet for it to be a Tosco. I could very well be wrong on this one. The profile and bell is a bit too smooth. Tosco's are a bit archaic to my eyes. They were a bit like the first run Wuhan Westerns. Just a lesser quality of the same style. But, that's my eyes...goodness knows they are old. I'm now officially curious about this cymbal.

Posted on 15 years ago

Lets see a picture of the back.

Posted on 15 years ago

I'll try to get one. I haven't put that most interest in it but my eyes say 70's zildjian. I'll try to get one or maybe I'll go see it. I can get it for $15.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

It looks like Zildjian to me too.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here