Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Buyer Beware

Hi

A few months ago I placed a wanted ad on this forum, I got a response that a (so called) member was at another members place and said he had what I was looking for here is his email address. I contacted the person he said he had what I was looking for, I asked for some pictures which he supplied and a price.

It all seemed legitimate, this wasn’t my first time buying something from a member. He said to send a paypal payment and he would ship right away.

He asked me to send it as a friend payment (more on this later)

The email I sent the PayPal payment to failed and he sent me back the payment and asked me to resend with a different email. This didn’t seem right, I refused to send again, I got multiple emails from this person basically begging me to send the payment, I didn’t and it was a fraud ! I found out later that sending a payment as a friend gives you no recourse if it’s a fraud ! Since that incident I’ve received more private messages and emails. I was lucky the payment didn’t go thru. It’s so unfortunate that people are so dishonest.

Posted on 1 year ago

Lucky for you it didn't go through!

NEVER go outside of the forum for transactions. The moment someone asks you to use a different email to communicate, this is a big RED FLAG and DO NOT pursue it any further.

Posted on 1 year ago

And definitely never use the friend option with paypal. I have only done it one time with someone who I really knew but would never do it again. Work something out on the paypal fees like splitting them.

Posted on 1 year ago

After the first PayPal failed I asked him for his first and last name, phone number and where he was located, which he wouldn’t give me. I knew then that something was up.

Posted on 1 year ago

I cover the PP fees if the seller insists on F&F. Better to spend a couple extra bucks to know I am covered...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 11 months ago
Action Another action Something else here