Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Brasso?

Anyone try Brasso on their cymbals for cleaning?

Thanks

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

NO!!! do not to strong, show us a pic of your cymbals!!!!!!!!!Yes Sir

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Older cymbals from 50's and late 60's.

I used a bit of Never Dull already a few months ago and it didn't

anything except move the dirt around and make my sticks dirty etc.

Ok, I won't use Brasso, glad I didn't have any in the cleaning closet too! Excited

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

From EricP

Older cymbals from 50's and late 60's.I used a bit of Never Dull already a few months ago and it didn'tanything except move the dirt around and make my sticks dirty etc.Ok, I won't use Brasso, glad I didn't have any in the cleaning closet too! Excited

Eric, sorry to get testy there!! why are you cleaning them?? what brand are they? and model? thanksClapping Happy2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

No apologies needed! :) I knew what you meant and thank you for

the reply too!

Zildjian, both are 22'' on lighter side of medium. I need to weigh them

at my local UPS store to be sure on grams, but they sound sweet to me.

Getting ready for a rehearsal or I would take some shots, but they are

made in USA...

Picked them up last spring with a ca 1950 WFL kit, in my profile pic, for

450 bucks, so can't beat the price either. electricit

Here's the CL advert pic that I saved for prosperity purposes:

Jump For Joy

2 attachments
Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Man was that a home run, well done!!! your zildjians have all that age and experience on them, and the reason you like them is because they are well seasoned, and when you clean them it changes the sound, it will brighten them up if you clean them to shiny condition again in appearance and in sound, Yes SirYes Sir

Posted on 14 years ago

Nice score!

Not only on the cymbals but on the the other eye candy you have assembled there!

Ugh,, "Clean not thy cymbals". Drummerdudes 1:3

-kellyjWalking

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 14 years ago

I had quite an experience with cymbals and brasso... BAD IDEA!

All the stamps and logos disappeared after cleaning with brasso, and yea the cymbals aren't the same now... :

Can anyone recommend some cymbal cleaners, or a way to get the Brasso off lol...

Posted on 14 years ago

What brand and model are they, in other words use the companies cymbal cleaner you own,

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]IMHO nuthin' wrong with cleaning cymbals a bit, if that's what you wanna do...

Wright's Copper Cream is the stuff you wanna find.

If you can't get hold of that, try Barkeeper's Friend.

The nice thing about both is they will not strip the cymbals of the nice patina they may have developed. Also, you need to repeat applications...so when you get them to the degree you want, just stop.

With Barkeeper's...make sure you first dissolve the powder in water to make a watery paste...DON'T apply the powder directly to the cymbal surface.

With either, don't rub hard. Just let the cream/paste do the work. With either, make sure the cymbal is wet with water before applying the stuff.

After you are done, wash over with dish soap to remove any residue.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here