Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Bill any Idea what year this one is?

I hope this is a good enough pic.I can take more if needed?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

I went and saved as many stamps as I can find, (Idea got from here) and it looks like this one

New stamp 67/77 !!

1 attachments
It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

Actually ita an older new stamp, 67 to around 72. The newer new stamp from around 72 to 77 had more space between the Arabix script and the K Zildjian. I own an example of both the older and newer new stamps.

What's intersting is that it looks like the stamp was applied twice, as if the first stroke was not hard eneough and the dye shifted slightly before the second stroke.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago

I`m still in the learning phase and just noted that,

I`m look`n to replace my ride and HH so I`m learning what to look for !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

From BosLover

Actually ita an older new stamp, 67 to around 72. The newer new stamp from around 72 to 77 had more space between the Arabix script and the K Zildjian. I own an example of both the older and newer new stamps. What's intersting is that it looks like the stamp was applied twice, as if the first stroke was not hard eneough and the dye shifted slightly before the second stroke.

That spacing is no longer considered reliable enough to use as an indicator anymore, although it still holds true about 60% of the time. But I like indicators that hold true 100% of the time.

Later 1960's is the best estimate I can give you on that one. And that double stamping is fairly common.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you sir!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

From Drumaholic

That spacing is no longer considered reliable enough to use as an indicator anymore, although it still holds true about 60% of the time. But I like indicators that hold true 100% of the time. Later 1960's is the best estimate I can give you on that one. And that double stamping is fairly common.

Bill,

So if it holds true only around 60% of the time, could you share any other indicators to differentiate them? Or for general purposes, when asked should we just be combining both new stamps together in the broader time line and mention that the older designation is only valid somewhat more than half the time? I know you are reticent to publish your latest updates to the time line, and I understand why. So anything you feel you can share would be appreciated.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago

From BosLover

Bill,So if it holds true only around 60% of the time, could you share any other indicators to differentiate them? Or for general purposes, when asked should we just be combining both new stamps together in the broader time line and mention that the older designation is only valid somewhat more than half the time? I know you are reticent to publish your latest updates to the time line, and I understand why. So anything you feel you can share would be appreciated.

Manufacturing characteristics alone will provide the answer. And this will be very difficult or impossible to teach.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Drumaholic

Manufacturing characteristics alone will provide the answer. And this will be very difficult or impossible to teach.

Understood. So in the future I will temper any responses regarding new stamps by mentioning those limitations, and if you're available you can make a more accurate judgement .

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here