Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

A.Zildjian Pang cymbals?

Hi guys, I know Zildjian no longer makes a Pang or a Swish in their line of cymbals. But do any of their High or Low China cymbals sound close to what their Pang cymbal sounded like? Any ideas? Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 16 years ago

I believe the Pang and Swish had a little bit of a different design to them as compared to a high and low china. The one swish I heard and saw a few years ago was a big boy, about 20" with rivets and it looked like a china, but a little flatter......

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi PW,I own both a 20" (70's) Pang & a 22" (90's) Swish.The only other effects cymbals I own are 14",16",20" Wuhan Chinas & a Zildjian 20" Crash of Doom.No other Zildjian Chinas though.I can tell you about the Pang & the Swish.The Pang is very loud & overpowering.Lots of wash.It really opens up when mounted upside down.The Swish is just the opposite,more defined ping,very dry.Until you strike it on the edge,then it opens up.Turn it upsidedown, hit the curved edge & it gets real loud.With the Pang,you'll need your own stage monitor to hear the band.Without a monitor,the Pang will wash out the bands stage volume,you could lose track of what you're doing.All in all,great cymbals,wouldn't give 'em up anytime soon.All the best.

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi PW,I own both a 20" (70's) Pang & a 22" (90's) Swish.The only other effects cymbals I own are 14",16",20" Wuhan Chinas & a Zildjian 20" Crash of Doom.No other Zildjian Chinas though.I can tell you about the Pang & the Swish.The Pang is very loud & overpowering.Lots of wash.It really opens up when mounted upside down.The Swish is just the opposite,more defined ping,very dry.Until you strike it on the edge,then it opens up.Turn it upsidedown, hit the curved edge & it gets real loud.With the Pang,you'll need your own stage monitor to hear the band.Without a monitor,the Pang will wash out the bands stage volume,you could lose track of what you're doing.All in all,great cymbals,wouldn't give 'em up anytime soon.All the best.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here