Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Avedis 18" paper-thin type I large stamp

This one weighs 1068 gms. It's in incredible condition, in fact it's mint.

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/constantinople/PICT1389.JPG[/img]

This one's from the last trademark period where all the hammering was still being done by hand. After this it was a combination machine and hand hammering. Vintage crica 1954 to 1955.

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/constantinople/PICT1454.JPG[/img]

[color=red]CLICK ON LINK TO SOUNDFILE[/color]

18" TYPE I LARGE STAMP

Posted on 15 years ago

[QUOTE=Drumaholic;21071]It's in incredible condition, in fact it's mint.QUOTE]

Dang, Bill ! I've never gotten such tingles from the sight of an 18" A before espying this sweetheart...

What was she, stored in a time capsule or something...? As much as I'd love to play 'er, I hate to leave the first batch of stick marks all over her... (I didn't listen to the sound file - I'm a dinosaur who still uses an old dial-up connection.)

Too bad Avedis couldn't see the sense in opening an auxiliary shop where they could make real cymbals the true old-fahsioned way again...

Thanx for the peek at that sweet pie !

Posted on 15 years ago

From Beatnikjazz

[QUOTE=Drumaholic;21071]It's in incredible condition, in fact it's mint.QUOTE][QUOTE]Too bad Avedis couldn't see the sense in opening an auxiliary shop where they could make real cymbals the true old-fahsioned way again...

Yes I agree. But nobody hammers in this style anymore, and I'm afraid that those who mastered the Avedis hammering technique have all passed away by now. So in a true sense this has become a lost art.

Posted on 15 years ago

[size="4"]be-"A"-utiful![/size]

Posted on 15 years ago

From JazzDrummerChris

[size="4"]be-"A"-utiful![/size]

Yes, the hammering is stunning!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here