Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Aug 13, 2009 - Flat Jacks History

I was searching Ebay one day and came across this great 1961 Flat Jacks catalog sheet.

I have never seen one before and thought since Flat Jacks come up on the forum I would create a dedication page for the drums.

I decided to find the original patent which is also from 1961. I have not searched the forum yet for photos of the drums and more history yet. I know there is a Flat Jack experts around here some where.

I think there is a member also that knew him and has one of the proto-type kits. Maybe just a dream but a memory for sure.

So in honor of Ralph C Kester Jr.

The Flat Jacks

[IMG]http://vintagedrumguide.com/images/flat_jacks/logo.jpg[/IMG]

I'm always open for article and history, so send any Flat Jacks history for the page. I know I have a magazine ad somewhere on the main web site. I believe it was in the Downbeat magazine section.

Later!

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Just updating everyone that I added 4 photos and a catalog from Drumland / Flat Jacks!

Thanks to Ray for sending the items to add to the web site.

David

Drumland Ralph Kester Dedication Page

Posted on 14 years ago

Webmaster!.. there is a drummer playing a FLAT JACK at the end of a movie , i think it's call, ¨Elvis Presley in the wind¨ , if i translate good . Nice drums.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here