Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

ATLAS PRO II hi hats

so this is my first post on here and i was wanting a bit of info on a set of hi hats i just purchased on ebay.. they are pretty much obscure as to info on them since these are stenciled ufips i believe that were marketed in the US under the atlas name.

anybody have more info on them besides what the wikipedia ufip page says.

thanks!

1 attachments
115.9 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

I think you pretty much have it nailed as to what they are. Only thing is that they may have been made in a different factory other than UFIP as Italy had alot of cymbal producers at the time.

I have flipped some ATLAS hats before that looked beautiful but unfortunately did not sound very good. They were B8 - different from these.

You have some nice hats there - look to be B20 and hope they sound nice. I know there are Atlas Pro and Atlas Pro2 lines (as I have seen Atlas Pro before)

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

I think you pretty much have it nailed as to what they are. Only thing is that they may have been made in a different factory other than UFIP as Italy had alot of cymbal producers at the time.

I have flipped some ATLAS hats before that looked beautiful but unfortunately did not sound very good. They were B8 - different from these.

You have some nice hats there - look to be B20 and hope they sound nice. I know there are Atlas Pro and Atlas Pro2 lines (as I have seen Atlas Pro before)

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

Posted on 9 years ago

Yep. 80's vintage. I remember them in the store back in the day!

My first hats were maybe CB-700? Anyway not Zildjian and not Atlas. I didn't like the sound of the atlas and I was maybe 10 years old at the time... I was spoiled and was craving the Zildjian sound!

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 9 years ago

Hey thanks for the reply!

From the pics they do look b20 so thats why i pulled the trigger.

Here is to hoping they sound pretty good.

I own a set of older Ufip Ritmos that are amazing. Mine look pretty close to those. Except the rotocasting is much more noticeable on my ufips

Posted on 9 years ago

Hey j!m the ones in the store were they just regular atlas? Or the pro II's?

Posted on 9 years ago

So i finally got these hats in from canada. And after cleaning them up a bit. (Had green patina) they sound absolutely amazing, the chick and stick articulation is just fantastic. These have a real sweet sizzly bark to them. Played open a bit they get loud and they blend in perfectly with the rest of my cymbals and kit.

I cant believe nobody has had more experience with these. Just amazing quality and sound. I'm keeping my eye out for more of these baby's

Posted on 9 years ago

my guess is that you have not heard much from other forum membersabout their experience with these because they are a bit on the rare side.apparently you have discoveredsome fine Italian piesthat essentially were stencil cymbals.

Posted on 9 years ago

I am no cymbal expert but after cleaning them they have very noticeable hammering

Almost hand hammered?

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here