Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Argent Hats

Looking at some Argent hi-hats this weekend - can anybody give me any background on these? thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

They're an inexpensive import from China. Wuhan area I think. The kind of cymbals that come with a new low end drum set. Different companies as well as Argent will import them and put their stamp on them.

This is not to say they sound bad. Pro Drum in Hollywood sometimes stocks them. Five years ago I was in their and bought a set of 13" hat and two 16" crashes, for around $175. I had to go through quite a few crashes until I found some that were good but at $49 each...come on! I still use one of the crashes all the time. I use to study with Erskine. Took it to a lesson and he freaked out. The hats and other 16 are really weird...nice effects cymbals.

Check out the profile on the hats. They're dark, thin and trashy as hell. Make sure you get some that are heavy enough so they don't implode with a heavy foot. I mix and match mine with a heavier bottom.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/agopsalott/good1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]Actually.... of all Wuhnan-esque chinese sorta cymbals, the standard hi-hats generally sound and perform the best of 'em.

Also, I might add...there were 60's imports stenciled "Argent" as well....I recall seeing some of these and they seemed to be Italian.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here