Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Arborea cymbals????

OK - sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about these. Truth is, there may be other sites (forums) to ask/learn about these. I just like VDF better!

So are these any good....rather - has anyone ever seen or heard one in person? That should be the question.

Thanks.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

That's funny as I just spied one on eBay the other day (maybe the same one you spied?) and could find precious little info. Namely none.

The one I saw sure looked nice. And the price was right.

-Doug

late 60s Ludwig Standard kit (blue strata)
late 60s Star kit (red satin)
Tama Rockstar Custom
a few snares ...
Posted on 10 years ago

Hey Doug - hear that....what is that??????

oh....

crickets......

Come on you guys!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

Posted on 10 years ago

There is an entry via Yahoo directing you to a distributor in China.

Posted on 10 years ago

Hey John - I would've picked it up for curiosity's sake but had already overstepped my discretionary spending. Somebody must have one or is afraid to admit it. :-)

-Doug

late 60s Ludwig Standard kit (blue strata)
late 60s Star kit (red satin)
Tama Rockstar Custom
a few snares ...
Posted on 10 years ago

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ddVeEvDvM

Posted on 10 years ago

I am discovering that many of the videos on YT featuring Arborea do not have the word CYMBAL in the title - thus making searching difficult.

Chumdrumshop (or Chum Drum Shop) apparently is a music store in, I think Thailand. Their FB page features many Arborea pictures and occasionally a video.

I have not discovered a list (and not yet contacted CDS) but am finding that there are a whole slew of Arborea models - ranging from B8 to B20 (perhaps brass as well?). Some sheet, some cast, some machine hammering, some hand hammering. The whole shabang.

Again - This research trail is proving worthy as these are not just a minuscule cheap entry level line. It is a whole brand with much to offer.

In addition, I am discovering that this Chum Drum Shop features drumsets from several companies. I suppose these are local custom companies - but they look remarkably sharp.

More on Arborea as I discover it.

John

Posted on 10 years ago

This is their website at alibaba:

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/arborea-cymbal.html

Posted on 10 years ago

Another site:

http://cymbal.en.alibaba.com/

They made in China.

Posted on 10 years ago
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here