Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Anyone familiar with Manhattan

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/msg/2348246461.html

I know Sabian makes a "Manhattan" model but they are fairly new.

This looks to be a bit older.

(Although at my age "old" is relative)

????

Posted on 13 years ago

That's not a Sabian cymbal ... as you've no doubt already deduced.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]That's a curiosity for sure. Does the seller know if it's B8 or B20 ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

I had a Sabian Manhatten ride that was GREAT. This was about 10 yrs or so, I'm guessing.

Looks legit to me.

www.bobbyboyddrums.com
Posted on 13 years ago

That looks like a crappy stamped cymbal.

Rock like a big dawg!
Posted on 13 years ago

Don't be so quick on that. It resembles the 20" I had which was hammered and was one of the best Sabians I ever owned. It could be a gem that looks funky in the picture.

www.bobbyboyddrums.com
Posted on 13 years ago

From Bobby Boyd

Don't be so quick on that. It resembles the 20" I had which was hammered and was one of the best Sabians I ever owned. It could be a gem that looks funky in the picture.

You could be correct. I've been wrong once or twice. No worries.

But, the stamp is not a Sabian stamp. It resembles an import stamp from a few years ago. That's all. No big. Also, the bell is too large to be a Sabian Manhattan. The hammering is almost nil on this one, and the profile is quite a bit more pronounced.

I could be wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

I would surmise that $25 is just a bit too expensive on this one. But then again, I have had a few stamped cymbals that surprised me.

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]There is NOTHING about that cymbal which says Sabian...not the logo, not the profile.

It is NOT a Sabian Manhattan...But it might not be a piece of crap either...the pic is too bad to tell. It could be a piece of crap, or it could be something better, like some sorta Italian stencil....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here