Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

anybody familiar with this trademark?

Posted on 10 years ago

First stamp late 50`s.

1 attachments
It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 10 years ago

http://www.paiste-only.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2142&hilit=super+formula+602

I hope the link works.... in the middle of the page.

Posted on 10 years ago

So, are these made from nickle-silver alloy?

Posted on 10 years ago

I say no, it`s a 602 Formula that Paiste states was started with CuSn20 traditional Bronze. Your sample is the first of these trade marks. They went through several formulas and trade marks until settling with CuSn8/2002 Bronze.

Read the Traditional Bronze paragraph of this link. Then read the Nickel Silver paragraph as well. They stopped using Nickel Silver in the late 50`s except for the gongs. The Nickel silver paragraph says nothing about formula 602 but clearly the traditional Bronze paragraph states 602 formula. http://paiste.com/e/about_alloys.php?menuid=314

Anything with Super or 602 is part of that experimental time from 59 to 63 alloy formula search.

The only reason I researched this a few years ago was because of this cymbal (see pics) I thought was Nickel Silver that member Henk wanted to know about. Paiste made for SONOR as well. I can say this SONOR cymbal is Nickel Silver but can`t date it. (dig that bell)

Nothing from Paiste points to anything but your sample being Cusn20 traditional Bronze that they started the 602 line with. anything else would be a trade mark with a mix of ...only they know.

Does this make any sense ?

3 attachments

Posted on 10 years ago

It`s possible that SONOR stamped it at the factory, but the fonts in Paiste and SONOR logo are the same so I believe it was delivered that way.

Posted on 10 years ago

See also: http://www.nf-drums.com/paiste_fanpage_paiste_timeline.htm

Which specifically lists the Super Formula 602 as B20, produced 1957-1959.

Sounds like this might be where that eBay seller got his info.

Posted on 10 years ago

I wonder how well informed that info really is. I have seen hand hammered 602's, and in one case it was an in hand specimen, yet I don't remember any trademark like this. And be hand hammered I mean REALLY hand hammered, just as these all were in the earliest years.

Posted on 10 years ago

I don't know anything about how reliable the German site is. But if I look under the column headed Manufacture they are just distinguishing between three states: hand vs hi-tech vs hi-tech/hand. No mention of hammering in particular. Just a 3 way characterization of the whole manufacturing process at a very "overview" sort of level. I wouldn't try and read anything about hammering into it.

Posted on 10 years ago

From zenstat

I don't know anything about how reliable the German site is. But if I look under the column headed Manufacture they are just distinguishing between three states: hand vs hi-tech vs hi-tech/hand. No mention of hammering in particular. Just a 3 way characterization of the whole manufacturing process at a very "overview" sort of level. I wouldn't try and read anything about hammering into it.

Right. But since the trademaek claims to relate to the earliest era, then that trademark and hand hammering should coincide. And in case nobody's ever seen one, here's an 18":

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/lizziesstuff/large/hand%20hammered%20602.jpg[/img]

Looks like a dead ringer for a K. new stamp.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here