Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Any recommendations?

Hi!

I was looking for a hi hat (vintage/modern) that have a sharp,focused,strong and deep chick/closed sound,sizzly half open sound,and cutting,focused and strong open sound(aside from paiste sound edge).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!;)

Posted on 11 years ago

From xipa4

Hi!I was looking for a hi hat (vintage/modern) that have a sharp,focused,strong and deep chick/closed sound,sizzly half open sound,and cutting,focused and strong open sound(aside from paiste sound edge).Any recommendations?Thanks!;)

ufip ufip or try ufip

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks,dardrum!:)

Posted on 11 years ago

The UFiPs are great.

You could also consider Zildjian New Beats (particularly the 2013 retro spec ones) or Armands. Swing by somewhere like mycymbal com and you can check them out. The 2013 retro spec A series have a great big A. If you look through the mycymbal offerings you can spot the difference.

Armands (now discontinued because the retro spec New Beats do the same thing)

http://mycymbal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_4&products_id=8868

There don't seem to be any 14" 2013 spec New Beats in stock. I suppose that says something. Here are some 13" (which also shows the new big A logo with no Avedis in ink)

http://mycymbal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_4&products_id=11123

Posted on 11 years ago

I use a set of 14" A Zildjian New Beats that I've had since I started playing in 1977. Not all Zildjians are created equal, but this is a magic pair.

You may have some luck at pawn shops or craigslist. Let your ears lead the way ... you may find a set of ZHTs or B8s that may fill your needs (doubtful, but my point is not to limit yourself).

9x Slingerland New Rock 50N 12-13-16-22 with 170 (Super S-O-M) holder
• 1979 Oak
• 1978 Blakrome + 6.5x14 TDR SD
• 1977 Black Diamond Pearl + 5x14 SD (gold badge, Rapid strainer)
• 1976 Black Cordova
• 1975 Silver Sparkle + 5x14 SD (Rapid strainer)
• 1974 Chrome + 5x14 COB TDR and 6.5x14 COW Zoomatic SDs
• 1973 Purple Sparkle
• 1973 Phantom (clear)
• 1971 Walnut (gold badges) + 5x14 TDR SD
1x Rogers Powertone Londoner V 12-13-16-22
• 1972 Butcher Block + 1979 big R Dynasonic SD
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here