Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Any clue what these are?

My brother dug these out of our grandparents' basement for me. I'm wondering if anyone might have any information on them. The only clues are the crest on the pedal and a "made in Japan" stamp on the very edge of the top of the 12" cymbal. The 12" is thin and seems like it would be a splash, but sounds pretty bad. The 14" is medium weight and sounds pretty good as a crash. It has some kind of grommet in the hole. The holes on both cymbals were large enough to fit on my stands, but not with the plastic protectors. I'm guessing these came with a Japanese kit sometime in the 70's. I'm only thinking 70's because that's when my uncles would have been teenagers. Any info would be interesting to have, so feel free to chime in. Thanks!

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]The one on the left is nuthin' to get excited about...looks like a cheapie 60's cymbal.

The one on the right, based on the grommet, was originally half of a set of hand cymbals. It looks to be pretty nice, actually....appears to show some hand-hammering and is probably a B20 alloy. I am guessing certainly older than the '70's....

Are there ANY markings on it at all ? A stamp ? The remnants of a signature under the bell ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

I'll look again, but I couldn't find anything the first time. Thanks for the info!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here