Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Another Strange Zildjian cymbal????

Forgive my ignorance if this is an easy question. Im knowledgeable on vintage drums but lacking in the cymbal department. I just acquired some cymbals. One especially caught my attention. Its a 14", has the typical A Zil. engraved stamp on it. On the inside, it has whats left of a stamp that says "bottom hi hat" then "new beat" right under it. Its located at the half way point from the hole to the edge. The letters are small 1/4 inch to be exact. I assumed it was just an old new beat but the lathing on the outside reminded me of a K I use to have. It doesnt look like a typical new beat. Although the inside does look normal. Its light too. It resembles a top more than a bottom. Its 1105 grams compared to another new beat bottom I have weighing 1370 grams. Im guessing just by the small solid letters on the inside someone could date this for me. Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

From rds drum

Forgive my ignorance if this is an easy question. Im knowledgeable on vintage drums but lacking in the cymbal department. I just acquired some cymbals. One especially caught my attention. Its a 14", has the typical A Zil. engraved stamp on it. On the inside, it has whats left of a stamp that says "bottom hi hat" then "new beat" right under it. Its located at the half way point from the hole to the edge. The letters are small 1/4 inch to be exact. I assumed it was just an old new beat but the lathing on the outside reminded me of a K I use to have. It doesnt look like a typical new beat. Although the inside does look normal. Its light too. It resembles a top more than a bottom. Its 1105 grams compared to another new beat bottom I have weighing 1370 grams. Im guessing just by the small solid letters on the inside someone could date this for me. Thanks

Perhaps some pictures?x-mas3

Posted on 15 years ago

Sounds like a typical '60s New Beat. Nothing special, but certainly not bad at all. '60s and '70s New Beats are among the best Avedis Zildjian ever made, imho. Weights vary tremendously between light/medium/medium-heavy.

Like ivmike says -- perhaps some pictures...?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here