Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Another “How much is my old K worth” question...

Hey all... I have an 18” K type IIb old stamp 1342g drilled for 8 rivets, centre hole fits modern stands, in realy good condition / no issues, that I’m considering putting up for sale. I’d really like to hear what kind of value you think it may be worth. I can post pics, if you like. It’d have to be worth my while to sell, as it is a real beauty and there’s no burning need for the cash, except that I wouldn’t mind getting a new snare...! If I do put it up for sale it’d be posted in this forum first, but I am based in England so shipping may be quite pricey to the U.S. etc.

Posted on 6 years ago

From peoniam

Hey all... I have an 18” K type IIb old stamp 1342g drilled for 8 rivets, centre hole fits modern stands, in realy good condition / no issues, that I’m considering putting up for sale. I’d really like to hear what kind of value you think it may be worth. I can post pics, if you like. It’d have to be worth my while to sell, as it is a real beauty and there’s no burning need for the cash, except that I wouldn’t mind getting a new snare...! If I do put it up for sale it’d be posted in this forum first, but I am based in England so shipping may be quite pricey to the U.S. etc.

A few pictures and a clear one of the stamp would be helpful. While you seem to be on top of what you have, you might be surprised how often Old K stamps are misidentified. Drumaholic and Zenstat are the two people most likely to give you an accurate value for it in the current market.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 6 years ago

No problem at all, hopefully these pics will be of sufficient quality. Apologies - it was identified as a IIIb...

Posted on 6 years ago

Looks like a IIIb to me. Here's my analysis of pricing based on completed sales:

http://black.net.nz/old-k/old-k-prices.html#18

In my pricing work I group all Old Stamps together to get sample sizes which are larger and give more stable estimates. If you follow that link you will see that I divide the 18" cymbals up by weight and yours is in the under 1800g category:

Old Stamp: Expected median price $750 with half selling for between $500 and $900 n=24

More details on how condition influences estimated price, and a background to the boxplot graphics I use are found on the Avedis Zildjian page:

http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-prices.html

Yours looks to be in good to excellent condition. How prices vary between Europe (including the UK) versus the USA/Canada is a more complicated topic which I have done a little work in. But international economic comparisons are notoriously difficult. All the prices I give are in US Dollars and exclude shipping.

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks so much zenstat, that’s so helpful. Really appreciate it. There does seem to be a big difference between asking prices and actual sale prices. If I’m realistically looking at getting back an average of around the $750 mark I think I’ll hang on to it, as it does sound so good and is in such good condition. I already have two wonderful old snares and don’t really need to sell. If I was looking at closer to the $1k mark it might be a different story!

Posted on 6 years ago

hello, the trend that I have seen lately that auctioned starting at $1 the final price goes up more than sold at a fixed price, moreover selling faster, a nice "rare" item auctioned no one will get it below cost

moreover starting sell at a very high price and then go down with the passing of the months, it creates a kind of antipathy towards that object, it becomes more and more hard and long time to sell

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here