Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Amici cymbals ?

Has anybody heard of Amici cymbals? Are they any good ? Theres a good deal on them on e bay

Posted on 11 years ago
Posted on 11 years ago

thanks for the help

Posted on 11 years ago

Hey surf,

I bought the set from Sigler Muisc. On Cyber Monday, they were blowing them out for $150. I figured at that price it wouldn't hurt to take a chance.

Overall, I like them a lot! The ride is heavy, so it's got a strong stick, good bell and good volume, but it's still dark. It reminds me of a K. Heavy Ride.

The crash is excellent. It has a bigger bell than on most crashes. It can be a little clangy or gongy on it's own, but within the context of the band, it sounds really good. It has a softer attack than most other crashes, and has a nice, dark tone, with a tiny bit of trashiness.

The hats are good, all-purpose hi-hats. They blend well in any style of music. I don't rave about them, but they are certainly adequate.

The splash is the worst of the bunch. It's very clangy and thick, and sounds more like a top hi-hat cymbal. I am actually using it as a top hi-hat with a really thick Zildjian Z (1st Generation) splash, and it sounds awesome that way.

I hope this helps,

V

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here