Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Acrolite Cleaning

hi - This is my first post here.. Looking forward to many more! I've fallen off the "vintage" deep end and can't get enough. I'm looking everywhere for drums and cymbals. Looking in pawn shops, antique stores, friends basements, music stores, tag sales, flea markets, etc..... Anyways, I'm hooked. So I found an acrolite in a "This and That" type store this weekend. I got it for 5 bucks. After researching the badge, it looks like its the last of the B/O badges because it has 4 rounded corners. 79?-83? It needs a little help but it's not too bad. I figure, this is going to be my first drum to bring back to life. So i pulled it apart this mornings. The lugs look great, the rims are ok, strainer and butt end ok as well. The shell needs a little help though.

what can I clean the shell with? i want to bring back the luster but don't want to damage the coating on the metal. Thanks!! Look forward to many more posts! I'll have to put up some pics of my 66 Ludwigs... D' Drummer

Posted on 17 years ago

http://vintagesnaredrums.com/how_to_vintage_snare.html

Everything is there. Make sure you take lots of photos!

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here