Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle Drum Kit W/ Hardware

This is an absolutely beautiful 1968 Ludwig Super Classic in a RARE Burgundy Sparkle finish Drum sizes: 14x20, 9x13, and 16x16. The kit is in Excellent condition, all original right down to the drum heads. No Modifications or extra holes. The kit was purchased from original owner. It really would be very hard to find another as clean and original as this kit is. Period correct Zildjian cymbals and Ludwig Hardware, and snare. Everything pictured included. Thanks for looking, open to trades. $4800 or BO. Please pay $200 shipping.

Posted on 2 years ago

More pics of the '67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle drum kit.

Posted on 2 years ago

That is a beautiful set. Burgundy is one of my favorite colors and you don't see it on Ludwig's very often. Good luck with the sale.

Posted on 2 years ago

Gentlemen!

... and in some cases I use that term loosely! Ahem. I'm only going to say this ONCE: In the FOR SALE section, a member can ask whatever they want for their item ... PERIOD! If YOU don't like the price, or feel it's way out of line for what they have, too bad. Bashing someone over what they are asking for THEIR item makes no sense. If you are interested in said item .. well .. now you have a platform for your input, but ... it should be handled via a PM, NOT in public. I have no doubt everyone enjoys these little skirmishes to some degree. Can't deny that they are entertaining! .. but .. you have an issue with the price? Contact the seller PRIVATELY. The VDF management THANKS YOU for your understanding in this matter! Now carrion! .. er .. carry on!

Tommyp

Posted on 2 years ago

Tommyp!

Thanks for weighing in on this!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

From idrum4fun

Tommyp!Thanks for weighing in on this! -Mark

Mark!

😎👍🏻😎

Tommyp

Posted on 2 years ago

I completely agree about the price thing....However, I DO want to add that the description of this kit states "Super Classic". It is NOT a Super Classic configuration. A Super Classic would be a 13/16/22 with a Supra.

When I first glanced at it, I thought I was looking at a Burgundy Sparkle DOWNBEAT kit (12/14/20 shell-pack), because of the bass drum. But, as fate would have it, it's not a Downbeat configuration, either.

IF it were a matched, Burgundy Sparkle Super Classic, as stated in the OP, then my feeling is that it would have a premium value on the current market. If it were a matched, Burgundy Sparkle Downbeat kit, then....well....BATTON DOWN THE HATCHES!!! ;) I just wanted to put that out there for clarification.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks guys for most of our comments![SIZE="5"] The Burgundy Sparkle Kit have sold! $4500.[/SIZE]

I have a few more to list soon.-- 68 Ludwig Psychedelic Red (no snare), 1966 Champaign Sparkle Downbeat kit (no snare), 68 Blue Oyster Pearl Downbeat kit with matching Jazz fest and 77 Ludwig Clear Vistalite kit with matching snare.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here