Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

'66 Ludwig keystone tom restoration.

Hi all, I have recently come into possetion of a 1966 Ludwig Keystone 16in floor tom in silver sparkle. The shell its self is in great condition, but it does need some of the fittings replacing due to them being in poor condition or missing altogether. It needs both hoops replacing, tension rods, legs and wing nuts. Now I have a few questions about the parts needing to be replaced. First of all, the tension rods, the ones on it at the moment have a round head with a slot cut in it. Not the usual square shaped head. Is this right for this drum? Or should I source a set of square headed rods? Secondly, the wing nuts on the leg brackets need replacing, could anyone tell me what size I will need? M3? M4? M5? etc. Lastly anyone know how much I should expect to pay for the parts I need? And also how much this drum would be worth when finished? Thanks. Rob

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Rob. I have a Premier snare drum (made in England) that has those round head tension screws with the slot so I would say that they definitely do not go with that drum. You need to get the regular Ludwig ones with the square head. As for everything else all I can tell you is you can probably find it on Ebay. O.K. then, good luck.

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the reply :) Very helpfull. In the bundle of stuff I got there was also a Premier Olympic tom with 8 lugs...so I should think thats where they came from. Found a supplier of Vintage Ludwig parts in the UK so should be finished pretty soon and back up for sale :D. Will Snap a few pics when finished.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here