Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

60's A's with 50's stamps?

I bought both the 18" ride and 22" ride new in 1965 at Manny's in NY.

I just always assumed they had the typical 60's stamp.

I happened to take a closer look at them at rehearsal the other night, and now am somewhat confused.

Through the contributions of members (esp. Drumaholic) I learned some time ago that the lack of "the 3 dots" indicated late 50's. Also the stamp is noticeably smaller that the one on my 18" crash purchased some years later. (It HAS the dots.)

Now, I know when I bought them (1965) and I know they were new at the time. So what gives? Could it be they sat in inventory that long?

(18" = 1535gr) (22" = 2820gr)

2 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

That is very possible. Post a pic of the whole thing so we can see the lathing etc

Posted on 10 years ago

Yes,,,50's stamp and yes it could have very well stayed on the shelf (Or hidden behind) untill 1965. I have also heard storys about Zildjian would keep cymbals for a while (good ones) for research purposes and then after some years,,,just off them to the larger east coast drum shops. Thats all I got and I am by no means an authoritySumo Dude,,,,not even close lol

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here