Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

602 ride or zildjian Rock ride?

I have a 20" and 22" 602 rides that I'm loving in a small combo jazz situation. They sound best to me when you don't beat them loudly. When I was doing a big band thing I used my Signature 20" Dry Crisp ride and compared to that I don't think the 602s cut as well.

Posted on 9 years ago

why not try a 602 modern essentials 22

Fatchoppers
Tama
Ludwig
Posted on 9 years ago

Yeah I've just looked that one up, Interesting that Vinny C. Says they were trying to bridge the gap between nice dark tones and more brightness but I still think ' not enough cut' anyways, I'm staying put for a while and am going to have to sell some stuff as I'm needing to re- coupe some cash.Hmmmm. Then the quest might continue. I did had a jazzy gig yesterday with a realy good girl singer and I was realy struggling with the 40s 22" trans stamp ride getting it to cut through, it was a large student union hall with proper stage and the other musicians were going through some amplification. Amazing sound and tone though that ride though. Maybe I could clean it it's pretty gunked up. . - But I wouldnt do that, it could spoil the value, and anyway it would probably just start sounding more ' washy' .?

I love the jazz era
Posted on 9 years ago

You could look for a 24" formula 602. They should be loud enough: I have a 26" model (although you might not want to wait for such one to come up second hand) and it is really loud, although still has a nice 'subtle' and clean 602- tone. I think it was made for big band use only.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here