Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

602 protype guessing game

I'm hoping Zen will read this. One of the famous NOS 602's. Evidently it's 810 grams. I suppose it's a Medium, not a Medium Hi-Hat, which is probably why it's been unsold. Wonder what it sounds like? I know you could use it for a top, but crashes are not hats, imo.

https://reverb.com/item/25593-paiste-nos-vintage-14-paiste-prototype-medium

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 10 years ago

I live near this place and am friends with the guys who run this drum shop. I was there today but saw this posting now, want me to find out more info? I can do an iPhone video etc. I have checked out their stock of NOS paistes but I think this is an old style pre 80's Paiste 505 but I could bes wrong.

Brendan

www.brendanpeleolazar.com
Posted on 10 years ago

Zen has just spotted this. Thanks Trout.

The site says it is B8 not B20, and the lathing and hammering doesn't look like typical 602 to my eyes...although the difference in the look could just be down to lighting and a direct overhead shot. I dunno.

@GiantBeater: it would be interesting to find out a bit more if it isn't too much trouble. It shouldn't be hard to find out if it is B20 vs B8 if you can see it in person. You might well have it with 505.

Posted on 10 years ago
Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here