Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

3" Elton

I found this little guy at the bottom of an old hardware case . Some history and value if any would be apreciated.

2 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Elton made hardware, attachments, tailpieces, resonators for banjos, & other miscellaneous things, mostly for string instruments. This object may resemble a cymbal, but it looks like a part to something else.

(Does is sound like a crotale ? )

Posted on 12 years ago

Looks like it has the flat profile of a Crotale or perhaps it is a Zil?----but I would think that it would then have a different shape.

Posted on 12 years ago

It's called a "Greeko" or brush cymbal. Krupa has one in most of his older setups. They sound cool and usually mount to the bass drum hoop. I have an Elton and that company was a jobber that made lots of percussion stuff for the drum companies back in the day.

Posted on 12 years ago

It's called a "Greeko" or brush cymbal. Krupa has one in most of his older setups. They sound cool and usually mount to the bass drum hoop. I have an Elton and that company was a jobber that made lots of percussion stuff for the drum companies back in the day.

Posted on 12 years ago

Sorry guys for my double post

Posted on 12 years ago

Gene K used a small "Greeko", cymbal mounted upside down on his bass, but this Elton does not have the correct profile, weight, or thickness.

2 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

A Greeko is more of a proper cymbal, is it not? I don't think it is a Zil ,either-----the one pictured here has a larger bell and not so flat a profile-----George would have known that anyway, as well.http://www.oldrussiancars.com/archives/zil-112-cyklon

Posted on 12 years ago

From calfskin

George would have known that anyway, as well

Haha-ha, Phil... :D

I know this site---it's interesting but stuffed bugs, some lies and conjectures ...

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

That definitely IS a greeko and the photos of GK also show a greeko. They were rather small, not "proper" cymbals, but had same profile of rounded or flattened/rounded bell, very flat bow and a definite turned up edge/rim. Often, they were found in sets of two, small and large, but under 4" from what I have seen.

Mid 60's Rogers Pink Champagne Sparkle
late 50's Slingerland 5N kit being refinished
20's/30's Duplex kit
20's CONN kit
Vintage traps
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here