Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

30 inch ride

curious about opinions - have a 30" avedis ride. Do not see anything like it on the sites visited. What say ye?

Posted on 11 years ago

Could you hold it up a little higher, I can`t quite see it !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

From OddBall

Could you hold it up a little higher, I can`t quite see it !i

( in case you did not "pick that up" - this would be an implied request for a pic)

......and a date (or pick of the stamp if unknown)

Thanks

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago

Sounds like half a set of Concert cymbals than a ride.

Posted on 11 years ago

I own one, what would you like to know about them? Mine is an A constanople. Let's see some pics.

I use mine with my phonic set, 24" bass looks small with this floating over top!!!!

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 11 years ago

Geez. Finding a case or cymbal for that must be interesting. Then you end up in conversations like this:

"We would love to play here tonight Mr (insert name of club owner here) but unfortunately our drummer's ride cymbal won't fit on your stage."

What does something like that sound like? What does it weigh? I am seeing a lot of 16" hi-hats and even saw an 18" pair a few months ago. Drummers are using larger crash cymbals including 20" and 22". I was working with a drummer who is a Paiste endorser and his rep suggested a 22" light ride for a crash cymbal as a matter of fact. Perhaps a 30" Ride is not so out of the question. It will pair nicely with a 16" splash!

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago

- DSC00672.jpg

hope this helps.

Posted on 11 years ago

Sorry pic doesn't show up, you have to host it at another site like photobucked and then paste it here.

Anyhow here is a thread Drumaholic had of his, mine is identical in every way except for being about 30g heavier. http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=27395

In the mean time here is a couple of pics of mine in action.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sonorjedi/IMAG0372.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sonorjedi/IMAG0371.jpg[/IMG]

I taped a brass washer about 4" from the edge to give it a little sizzle and love the sound. Read Drumaholics reveiw of it for more details

As far as a bag, i found a bag for a hand drum that works perfectly, i did take it to one of my band practices once and they told me to use something else, hehehe that's what i should expect from a guitar player!

BTW that's a 20" cymbal above it and my bass drum is a 24".

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Posted on 11 years ago

[Attachment: 55178]

will this photo open?

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Yes pic works, looks like a 60's stamp. Any pics of the whole cymbal? Any idea of weight?

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here