Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

3 Ply 70's Ludwig BD Badge/Vent Hole Placement

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]OK guys. Anyone know exactly how the badge placement should be on an early 70's bass drum?

Vent hole placement- My shell was factory drilled for a Ludwig double tom mount. It seems that the majority of bass vents I have seen on these period drums are in line with the last drill hole of the mount. Mine seems to be off about 1/4-1/2 inch or so. Basically dead center of the shell (??)

My guess is that crazy things happened at the factory during this time, but would love to hear more. This one is irking me![/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

DAVID
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Posted on 17 years ago

Check out Ebay auction #190061108546........

Posted on 17 years ago

Posted on 17 years ago

Posted on 17 years ago

Posted on 17 years ago

I have no idea why that posted 4 times. I submitted once.

Posted on 17 years ago

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]So I guess those good people in the factory just put it where ever they felt like it on that given day huh? That one is way out of center. Ha. [/FONT][/SIZE]

DAVID
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Posted on 17 years ago

Hey Harold- a dollar says I can drill this with my eyes closed........you're on........zzzbbbtt.......ooooo-close........double or nothing.......you're on.........zzzbbbtt........ooooo-closer.......

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here