Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

24-inch ride Zildjian: ???

Grandfather was a jazz drummer and had this in the garage. Can anyone tell me how old it is and what it might be worth??

24-inch; not sure on the weight

Posted on 9 years ago

At first glance, that's a stamp used in the 60's. Might wanna measure the stamp from top to bottom though. That will tell us for sure as there were a few of these stamps. Weight will make a big difference in value on this one. Completed sales on ebay will give you some good idea of value as well.

Mike

Posted on 9 years ago

My guess is the 50s from the depth of the stamp and location...

Weighing these are difficult...these have a great bell..

Mine was @3500g.? Sound was fantastic...

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 9 years ago

The stamp measures 1 and 3/16 inch from top to bottom. I'll have to weigh it again but I believe the weight came in around 4K when I measured it last year. I just never got around to posting it or doing anything with it.

Posted on 9 years ago

1 3/16" should be an early 60's stamp.

Mike

Posted on 9 years ago

Early 60s, great. Thank you. Any idea of what I should try to get for it?? I just don't want to be taken advantage of if I sell it

Posted on 9 years ago

Just checked ebay. Most of these appear to be selling for 175-195. If you can have it weighed, it could possibly make a big difference in price. If its under 3000 grams, it could be worth more as they are harder to find in a light weight.

Mike

Posted on 9 years ago

Jack if your a drummer you might want to hold onto those cymbals. Seeing how they were your Grandfathers. Sometimes in time our tastes change. So if it's not really fitting in with what you play now. There may be a time in the future you try it again and like it? Example a few years ago I traded a small 30's A splash I had. At the time the sound didn't really appeal to me. But today I wish I had kept it as my taste in cymbals has changed.

If your not a drummer nevermind!! Someone will buy that it's a cool cymbal for sure!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks so much guys. And Glenn, I'm a bass player so I just don't need them. I've got a couple others too. Maybe I'll post them and get your opinion on them. Also Zildjian but older.

Posted on 9 years ago

These two pre date your others. One is commonly referred to as a trans stamp and the other is often referred to as a first stamp.

Here is some info from forum member Zenstat that may be helpful..

http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html

Mike

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here