Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

24 inch Hollow logo Zildjian, BIG!!

Picked this up from a buddy, I'm guessing from the logo, it's from the 1950's? It has 8 holes divided evenly throughout the cymbal for rivets, I'm assuming. Anybody have a guess on what she's worth? I have to give my buddy something of equal value, he's a garage sale nut and finds stuff all the time. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not to big on the sound of the cymbal, the cymbal really flexes, almost could be a big crash. I put three easily replacable rivets (the type that bend to keep them put) and this things just doesn't sound right with the rivets, maybe it's my ears?

[IMG]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6277/24rideug5.th.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9745/24ridestamprm0.th.jpg[/IMG]

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Helloo? Anyone there?

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

I'm not a Zildjian guy but that's one nice cymbal! Bet she sounds nice. No guess on value....sorry.

Posted on 16 years ago

I sold the same cymbal for $350.. 50's hollow logo on ebay...

I do not rememebr the weight of the one I had, but it was a nice ride and liked by a local jazz cat...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Uh oh, it looks like I owe my buddy big time if you sold yours for $350.00. Did yours also have holes for rivets? I've seen cluster of 3 rivets, but not spaced out evenly like this. Any idea if it was factory or after? Also I weighed the cymbal, it's approximately 3120 grams.

Posted on 16 years ago

From what I have learned is that Zildjian evenly spaced the rivets around the cymbal.

Well, there were two guys that really wanted it, so you know how that goes...

I think $200 - $275 is the going rate...

There are not many players that want such a huge ride cymbal....

The cymbal I had also had rivets..

Cymbal in the middle

Click Here

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I agree with David, I was told between $200-300 on some Zild. disks from the the early '60's or late '50's I have. They are 20" and 22" in diameter. This is assuming the cymbals are in good shape, it is always hard to tell from pictures, soyou can be the judge.

Nice find, send your friend my way next time!

-Kevin

1961 Ludwig Super Classic 22,13,16,18, WFL BR Snare WMP
1951-52 Slingerland Radio King Krupa Outfit 24,13,16 Champagne Sparkle
1960s/70s Polaris MIJ 20,12,16 Red Sparkle
2005 Gretsch Catalina Club WMP First Run
2008 Pearl Masters MCX 20,10,12,14f,16f & 14 Diamond Glitter
1999 Yamaha Stage Custom 22,10,12,14r,16f. Marina Green

...& many more...
Posted on 16 years ago

Your buddy may appreciate a case of beer for his troubles.It works for me.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here