Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

22" paiste stambul KEEP OR TRADE

In my recent treasure finds, i found a 22" paiste stambul ride cymbal.

I found what i could find on the net, but the info to me ain't that clear. i'm aking for help on this, cause i have a friend that would like to trade for a premier olympic snare that needs work for it. I told him that he would have to wait until i find out more about it. i'm thinking it's from the mid 60's and it was paiste's hi end cymbal and she weighs 2267. I think that would make it a light ride for a 22". What would be a fair value on this cymbal. Should i trade it or is this something that i should hold on to.

2 attachments
80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 12 years ago

I suppose it would depend on the snare, wouldn't it? Olympics came out as , essentially downgraded Premiers, so even though they have the same shell---the stamped hoops, 6 lugs and student grade throwoff , seriously limit their potential but there were some with 8 lugs and heavier incurved hoops----I've even seen cast hoops, that make them an almost Premier. The only difference being the weak little throwoff.

Stambuls were the big one from Paiste in their day and despite their nickel silver construction , could be good. Nickel Silver cymbals are a crapshoot. Some are almost as good as you can get and then the next one is a trash can lid. I've got a 22" Stanople and it is in more of the trash can lid category.

Posted on 12 years ago

I have some "stambuls" and they are, as I have been told repeatedly, NS-12, so not all that great, unless you have a complete set so that they compliment each other rather than stand out. They are not bad cymbals, IMO, but the market says they are mid-line at best. The better question to you is how does it blend with your goodies?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 12 years ago

really according to the 67 cat they are the cheapest cymbal ludwig sold even less than there standard line.....

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here