Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

22 inch Dream /Bliss/Wuhan

Saw a used one in OK condition for $50 bucks at the local music store on consignment.

Reminds me a bit of the Kerope,sort of a trashy wash.

Kind of a tweener that somebody taped ,so I can't a good feel for the sound unless I buy it and clean it up.

Thoughts?

Anybody familiar with the Dream Bliss history here in the US?

Posted on 8 years ago

For $50 i'd grab it since it's a 22". I've only played on them in a store but they have always been a nice sounding cymbal.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision, i'd like to hear it.

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 8 years ago

I agree. 50 dollars seems like a no brainer. I tried out a few of the dream bliss rides at a music store years ago and found them to sound great especially for the money. Well suited to jazz or Low volumes as they don't get very loud. Be good,Ryan

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 8 years ago

Yup! Go for it! I usually find that Dream,Bliss & Wuhan crashes sound too gong-like to me but I have heard some really nice rides & hi hats. And at that price you can't go wrong!

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

From gSonor

For $50 i'd grab it since it's a 22". I've only played on them in a store but they have always been a nice sounding cymbal. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision, i'd like to hear it. Gary

We own a 22" Dream Bliss and for $50 it's a great cymbal. We also own a 22 inch Kerope and the two cymbals are not even in the same ballpark. Not sure what you are hearing that makes you believe they're similar, but of you're happy that's all that counts.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 8 years ago

I have a full set of Dream cymbals and have found them all to be excellent, $50 is a steal so snap it up.

Posted on 8 years ago

From GaryNattrass

I have a full set of Dream cymbals and have found them all to be excellent, $50 is a steal so snap it up.

Here's the steal.

As for reminding me of the Kerope ,they had a used one for $300 bucks tight next to it,and they had more in common in terms of tone and texture than not.

Now I got to clean off the tape and stickers to get an idea as to what it really sounds like.

2 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Great cymbals. A buddy of mine is one of their Artists. I had never really heard them prior, but man they are killer cymbals. And yea $50 was a steal all day long. That's similar to when I got my first ride cymbal ( which I still have ) Paiste 2002 22" Heavy Ride in perfect condition ( all writing is crisp ) $89 used. One of my favorites.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here