Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

20" Zildjian EAK crash/ride...

I found a 20" Zildjian K EAK crash/ride and was wondering how these things sounded. I guess the EAK stands for early american k. Also the 'K' is on top and the bottom of the cymbal, and the owner has dated it from 1982. Weather that is correct or not, I don't know. Who can tell me a bit about this cymbal?

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, it's Early American K.

hanmered on the bell and no serial number under the logo mark. Also the logo mark is stamped.

Sound? I don't know how you feel it. Play and buy it if you like.

Posted on 14 years ago

From D-Rum

I found a 20" Zildjian K EAK crash/ride and was wondering how these things sounded. I guess the EAK stands for early american k. Also the 'K' is on top and the bottom of the cymbal, and the owner has dated it from 1982. Weather that is correct or not, I don't know. Who can tell me a bit about this cymbal?

My opinion... I LOVE EM! I've got almost every model eak made. Just a couple more to go! I have 18, 20, and 22 crash rides and they are great. The 20 is the darkest cymbal i have ever heard in my entire life! Just dreamy. EAKs sound very different from one another (even same model and size) If you can find out the gram weight, it tells a lot about the sound.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here