Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

20" Avedis Zildjian rivet ride 1960g....any ideas on age?

Any ideas on the approximate age of this cymbal? My best guess is late 50s, possibly early 60s.

I've attached a jpg of the cymbal stamp. Thanks in advance.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I'm a novice at this game...guessing late 50s.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Rocketman

I'm a novice at this game...guessing late 50s.

Sounds right, 50's. No dots, and strong engraving.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 13 years ago

thanks dudes.

Posted on 13 years ago

Nice weight....marko

Posted on 13 years ago

Pics of the front and back of the overall cymbal are also useful in dating so we can see the lathing, hammering, and general morphology. It's not 100% in the stamp in all cases.

From the stamp alone I'd also go with late 50s. But that might be herd instinct.

Posted on 13 years ago

50's A's with the BIG hollow letter ZILDJIAN stamped into the metal already had 3 dots by then,so,your's could be older or late 70's,when they took the dots out again.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

Seriously

My guess would be sorta like a early 1960s or mid 60s

Posted on 13 years ago

From blairndrums

50's A's with the BIG hollow letter ZILDJIAN stamped into the metal already had 3 dots by then,so,your's could be older or late 70's,when they took the dots out again.

70s and 80s had a very thin font which this does not have. I don't have any 50s cymbals so I can't speak from experience with regards to those.

Scott

Posted on 13 years ago

Here are a few more pics. I should also add that there was no painted logo on the cymbal.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here