Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

1st gen. Zildjian amir cymbals with lowercase logo

I have a few different amir cymbals. Some are all caps AMIR and some other ones are the lower case logo (with "by Zildjian" under it) but are larger than the newer generations of amir cymbals. My question is, are the larger lowercase "by Zildjian" amirs second generation or just first with a different logo? I have attached the big logos (uppercase and lowercase) and the third of course is the later version of the amir cymbals.

3 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

This is a great question that I wish someone would chime in on.

It should be pointed out that we all know that the AmirII is an entirely different cymbal.

I have never read it explained why the differences in the font/size of the various Amir logos. I have read that Zildjian spent too much money on the Amir line, and thus they eventually discontinued it because the profit margin was too small.

but again - is there any difference in the different various sizes/fonts of "Amir"?

I have had/flipped a 20in Amir ride - but was not impressed by it (unlike Tim "Herb" Alexander who reportedly owned one as one of his favorite rides). I have never seen any Amir crashes in person. The HHs are very good - heavier/thinner sounding. I still have an Amir bottom - quite heavy......simply because it is a very good sounding heavy bottom.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 7 years ago

I was working with Tim's drum tech a few years ago and I asked him about the cymbal that looked out of place with the rest of the gear. It was a 22 Amir. He told me it was the ONLY ride cymbal he ever uses.

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 7 years ago

I got the amir "by Zildjian" hats in and they look to be the same hammering pattern as the other 1st gen AMIR hi hats I have. So, I don't think they changed the quality/process until the small lowercase amir cymbals. I also noticed that the ones I just got and the all caps logo hats both have an AMIR stamp. The small lowercase cymbals just have the standard zildjian logo.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here