Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

1970's Pearl fiberglass and wood/fiberglass snare drum.

Hi

I'm looking for Pearl snare drums drum the 1970's 5/14 with black finish in wood, fiberglass and wood/fiberglass shells.

Thanks for any help, Marty.

Posted on 8 years ago

Did they even make snares in fiberglass or wood-fiberglass? I thought the snares with those sets were COS or COB. I've never seen one even in a catalog.

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

I don't think they did make these.

Ludwig Red Sparkle Rocker II Rewrap
70's Black Ludwig mixed....
Early 70s Pearl Blue Sparkle Kit
Clear Vistalite Kit
Mapex Pro M Kit
Posted on 8 years ago

From tris66

Did they even make snares in fiberglass or wood-fiberglass? I thought the snares with those sets were COS or COB. I've never seen one even in a catalog.

That is what I thought too & I've mostly seen them with COB snares (like mine). I did find this http://www.hazelshould.com/museum/pearl-fiberglass-snare-drum-brass-hardware/2789

on the net though. & according to the Pearl forum they did make fiberglass snares all the way up until the GLX period, including a rare one with the Supergripper lugs. They seem pretty rare though because after 15 minutes of digging through google I only found pics of that first link (w/brass hardware), Pan phenolic snare & the new Kapur/FB snares. I did get schooled though!

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago