Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

1967 stamp, a bit like a trans stamp?

Hi Guys,

I saw this one the other day and thought it was a bit interesting, he is sure the cymbal is from 1967 but I was surprised to see a deeper stamped Z and Co like a trans stamp.

Is this usual with this date of cymbal??

Big thanks,

Gregg.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

From Gregg

Hi Guys,I saw this one the other day and thought it was a bit interesting, he is sure the cymbal is from 1967 but I was surprised to see a deeper stamped Z and Co like a trans stamp. Is this usual with this date of cymbal??Big thanks,Gregg.

He is sure...but surely he is wrong.

Posted on 14 years ago

My vote goes for trans stamp. It can't be NEW from '67, as it's missing the three dots. Perhaps it was NOS in the shop in '67. I've seen NOS 70s Zildjians (hollow ink logo) being sold as "new" just last year. Real dud of a cymbal it was...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

Big thanks for that guys. Maybe it did just sit somewhere in a shop for a decade or two, unbelievable.

Gregg.

Posted on 14 years ago

You must have seen Richard King's current auctions. Wonder how many people are watching those cymbals...seems strange that he wouldn't have known they are Trans Stamps.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here