Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1966 Rogers Top Hat Drum Set

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]THIS DRUM SET HAS BEEN SOLD:[/COLOR][/SIZE]Edit...If you are serious about buying these drums, and want them shipped, please contact me to discuss this.

The new reduced price for the drum set is $1500.

Recent health issues in the family are causing me to ponder my own mortality. I have already downsized my vintage drum collection from thirteen sets to five sets. Now, I'm giving serious thought to reducing that number even further. Now, let's think about selling my beautiful 1966 Rogers Top Hat set. This born-together Silver Glass Glitter drum set consists of a 14x20 bass drum, a 16x16 floor tom, and two 8x12 mounted toms. The serial numbers are all for Dayton Holiday drums from 1966. Mounted toms--77096 ans 77097--Floor tom--75486--Bass drum--64468. The wrap is easily 8 to 9 of 10. The chrome has some hickeys and is about a 7.5 to 8.0 for the mounting hardware, lugs and rims. All hardware holds tight. The Top Hat tom mount has a center rod that I use for a splash cymbal. I use the extra Knobby mount on the floor tom for a ride cymbal. Please note that this sale includes only the four drums with tom mounting hardware, floor tom legs, and bass drum spurs.

There is currently a Red Glass Glitter 1966 Rogers Top Hat set in the exact same configuration of the four drums in Red Glass Glitter offered by a highly regarded collector/seller for $2,675. Make me an offer for this beautiful set. I'm in the Houston metro area. I would much rather have a buyer come to me rather than packing and shipping a very heavy set of drums.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

if interested, please email me at [email]fentex5@aol.com[/email]

Posted on 2 years ago

What's the price?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 2 years ago

New reduced price for the drum set is $1500.

Posted on 2 years ago

That's a good price. Best of luck.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 2 years ago

Thank you. I prefer to talk prices one to one rather than in the public forum.

Posted on 2 years ago

Beautiful setup LeedyBDP. One thing that is so interesting about Rogers drums, and that probably because development was fairly continuous, is the fact that your Top Hat has tom arms that are hex on both ends - transitional in a fashion. Some of those sets have arms that are hex on the tom side and round on the bass drum side. That is the way mine was sent out from the factory with not too dissimilar serial numbers - low 66xxx and high of 72xxx (see photo attached - not mine and clipped from the web). Mine does not have the knobby on the FT, which most Top Hat sets did have. Not long thereafter, the new double tom mount came out with arms like the ones on your set. The set Bobby Colomby used to record with BST was Top Hat (twin 8x12's) with the new double tom mount. I notice as well that the Top Hat in the attached photo has the newer rods and claws on the bass drum, but both yours and mine have the older style rods and claws.

Good luck on the sale. Nice kit, good price.

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

This drum set is listed on a few selling sites. I've received many comments and a few offers. They are still for sale.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here