Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

1966 Ludwig OBP 22" bass drum and 16" floor tom wanted

ITEM FOUND! THANKS!

i! I’m a relatively new member on this forum and want to ask Forum members help in locating some orphan drums.

I am interested in locating and purchasing an early 1966​ Ludwig 14x22 Super Classic bass drum in oyster black pearl wrap ;this is the Super Classic lug configuration not Club date configuration.

I am looking for structurally sound drums (in round with good bearing edges) with/without period rail mount consollette; no cracks, rot or repairs please. Small holes are fine but no double tom diamond mount holes ; minor fade okay but no yellowing please. Prefer complete with lugs/tension rod and claws.

Prefer both hoops with complete inlay. in decent shape

Complete original oyster black wrap and original white interior paint.Interior date stamps a bonus but not a deal-breaker. Looking somewhere around the serial number 256XXX but this may be flexible

Also looking for a 16x16 floor tom in same original wrap that that blends well with this bass drum wrap

I am looking for drums that are players grade not collectors grade condition.

My plan is to build a 1966 Ludwig OBP Super Classic set as a sibling to my 65 Ludwig Oyster Blue Pearl Super Classic set that you can see in the Drum Gallery​ so these drums are not for resale​ but to keep and enjoy!

I prefer to buy within Canada due to lower shipping costs but am not limited to this depending on other variables. Appreciate help from all my Forum drum enthusiasts too !

Any help from you can give me in locating these drums would certainly be appreciated!D' Drummer

Chris

(Ludwigboy)

Posted on 6 years ago

Gee this is a normal request we should all have one of those in our closet I have been looking for a base drum for years I have the ft lol

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago

I think i have that... i have been researching for days trying to figure out what i have exactly. Mine is covered in cortex or black panther? Underneath wrap is yellow sparkly type acrylic i think obviously i could use help identifying n pricing

Posted on 6 years ago

Pics maybe it psychedelic

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago

Sparkly yellow acrylic? Could it be maybe sparkling gold pearl? Do your drums have name badges?

I agree with Jaghog.... photos would be a big help.

Posted on 6 years ago
Posted on 6 years ago

Need one of pealing wrap

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here